Faith is a surreal and real noun, or it is a verb. Undeniably, however, faith can generate the power that is unimaginable to people. For example, Saint George defeated the ferocious dragon by the strength derived from faith and eventually became the guardian angel admired by all. Another example is the next-gen Web3.0 game platform Z-ERA that is created out of zeal and faith in technology. The faith in GameFi has finally culminated in the glorious advent of the Web3.0 GameFi platform.
Given the risks and opportunities in technological development or revolution, how many have stayed on the course?
Technological development or revolution always comes with both risks and opportunities. From NFT to metaverse, GameFi and Web3.0 and then to ChatGPT, some flew sky high by the opportunity brought by NFT, but they fell hard because they made no step further from Web3.0. Some teams were called “immortals in the chain”, but they stayed strapped in that lifeless chain. The hotspots and opportunities come and go. Some grabbed them and some missed them, but there are always those who stay on the course.
Innovation of the underlying technology of blockchain has brought new opportunities in the trend of Web3.0
Web3.0 is not a new concept now, but its development path will definitely be similar to that of Web2.0. The fate of Web3.0 will eventually hinge on the choice of the users.
In the world of Web2.0, Facebook gained over 3 billion users globally, Youtube and WhatsApp over 2 billion users, and TikTok and WeChat over 1 billion users.
According to the statistics from TripleA, a cryptocurrency payment company, the number of users of cryptocurrency and Web3.0 in the world was over 320 million in 2022, accounting for 4.2% of the global population. In terms of number of users, Web3.0 in its current stage is comparable to the Internet in the final years of the 1990s.
Web3.0 application is based on blockchain and works by using token as its tool or medium, so as to meet the practical needs of users, support interactive operation of users, and thus realize creation, distribution and circulation of value.
As predicted by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Web3.0 will probably gain 1 billion users soon. In the next 15 years, the Web3.0 application underlain by blockchain infrastructure will be the new focus of development, and will bring revolutionary influence on the economic/financial activities, social interaction and privacy protection of people in the digital world. The Web3.0 new economy will engender new currency market, capital market and commodity market, where different types of tokens will be used as the value markers for economic activities, including functional token, equity token and non-fungible token (NFT).
Blockchain technology has made dramatic growth in the game industry in 2023, GameFi will see major progress in the next half of the year
In the background of the bear market, 2023 is a preparatory period of blockchain technology. To ensure satisfactory user experience, the payment and transaction process must be smooth. Since advent of BTC, blockchain payment has been in use. The shortcomings in extensibility and transaction velocity have been the constraints that prevent cryptocurrency from becoming the mainstream means of payment. After Ethereum experienced consensus transition from PoW to PoS, Ethereum 2.0 made transaction velocity much faster. Many later Layer 1 blockchains, including Avalanche, Solana, NEAR and ICP, focused on improving extensibility, and some of them have achieved the ability to process 100,000 transactions per second. As the transaction velocity gradually increases, the applications where blockchain is used in payment services has increased in 2023.
Blockchain technology has made dramatic growth in the game industry in 2023 and the number of players and the number of blockchain games have increased substantially. The traditional Free-To-Play gaming model can no longer gratify the higher pursuit of players, so the Play-To-Earn gaming model has ushered the game industry into the new world of blockchain. Gaming, born out of digital gene, and blockchain are inevitably wedded. Due to rapid conversion of users, gaming is believed to be the area where blockchain is applied the fastest and a tipping point of blockchain. The most outstanding model is GameFi which integrates DeFi, NFT and gaming.
Web 3.0 has gained global popularity. According to BINANCE RESEARCH, the market size of Web 3.0 game has reached to 10 billion US dollars by December, 2022 and the overall transaction volume related to the game assets has surpassed 20 million US dollars. The number of gamefi users has increased gradually and topped 2.96 billion by the year of 2021. BSC(Binance Smart Chain) is the main platform where the most plays gather.
Amazing combination of Web3.0 and traditional gaming experience, Z-ERA committed to solving the 5 problems in traditional gaming
With the development of the industry, more GameFi games have emerged and have, at varying degrees, innovated gameplay and game types from the view of game world, and those innovations often stemmed from experiences in the traditional game world. Besides, combination of blockchain and traditional gaming will inevitably lead to revolution of traditional online gaming. The most conspicuous benefit is that blockchain technology can effectively solve the five problems in traditional gaming. First, solve the problem in ownership of game commodities and items. Blockchain technology is used to establish authentic right to the virtual assets, and thus give players fairness and protect their rights. Second, solve the problem in full disclosure of the contents and quantity of items and the algorithm for probability in drawing lots. Third, the decentralized technology will better solve the problem of frequent thefts and hacker attacks in virtual trade and provide better security. Fourth, Web3.0 will enable interconnection between different game assets and perfectly solve the problem of “islanding” effect in gaming economy system. Fifth, the game items and rules cannot be published or changed at will, and control over the games is exercised through proposition and voting of the community DAO organization.
On this basis, the players around the world have gradually realized the beneficial nature of blockchain game GameFi and are embracing it.
The purpose of ZERA, the first game of Z-ERA platform, is to redefine NFT Gamefi from the dimensions including “fun, experience and satisfaction”
Z-ERA WEB3.0 platform was initiated by Matrix Capital Foundation. Matrix Capital Foundation is one of the service providers for the NEOM of Saudi Arabia. Z-ERA platform is meant to improve the organizational structure and services of NEOM and provide NEOM with efficient services including AI, smart city management and online payment. Deep collaboration will be established between Z-ERA and Aber, the virtual currency issued by the central banks of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, in order to create a new eco-system characterized by openness, inclusiveness, democratic autonomy and privacy security.
The developers team of the next-gen WEB3.0 game platform Z-ERA has skillfully combined Web3.0 technology and traditional gaming. According to their official Twitter account, we learn that the Z-ERA platform’s first game ZERA is intended to redefine gamefi. Next, we present our general understanding of the game ZERA and identify the key factors in the game design differentiation.
(1) Massive value system and fascinating world: the success of a game is impossible without amazing visual effect and a fascinating world. The game world needs to satiate the player’s desire for good storytelling, and also lays the foundation for future expansion of the game itself and creation of the derivatives. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Legend of Zelda are great examples of combination of the two elements, because they both boast marvelous visual effects and a fascinating and fantastic world.
In the game ZERA, the storytelling starts from 2099. By 2138, the humankind reigns over the Milky Way galaxy. During its conquest of the galaxy, the human civilization was dived into five factions. The five factions (Stellar Federation, Dark Sector, Origin Coalition, Peace Coalition and Fantasy Kingdom) jointly govern the Milky Way galaxy. By chance, the humans discovered a new galaxy which contains abundant resources and is very suitable for human inhabitation. The five factors started competing over ownership of the newly discovered galaxy. This competition kicked off a new chapter of the civilization and changed the humankind. As the Milky Way galaxy gained more resources and the competition became more intense, the galaxy kept changing and the future became more unpredictable… ZERA is believed to offer some extraordinary or unforgettable characters (not limited to the characters in the collector’s edition of NFT game) to whom the players feel relatable.
(2) The developers team designed diverse game NFT card characters to give the players a more satisfactory and immersive gaming experience. Upon its launch, ZERA issued 100 diverse and fantastic galactic race cards. Each card is an NFT digital asset based on the ERC-721 encryption protocol. Different low-class NFT cards can be combined to create a higher-class card. The cards come in five classes including white, green, blue, purple and orange. Several specific NFT cards can be collected and combined to become a high-class card.
(3) ZERA is also designed to contain the play-to-earn (“P2E”) contents and several pledge rewards. The player can participate in the pledge mining to train the NFT game characters or let the characters participate in battles, to obtain more governance tokens known as Z-ERA Coin（Abbreviation: ZRC）. The ZRC tokens obtained by the player can be traded at any DEX, or the ZRC governance tokens or the NFT or LP can be pledged to obtain more rewards. After years of attempt and practice, some development teams of Z-ERA believe that the play-to-earn (“P2E”) gaming model is very suitable for the blockchain environment. In a P2E game, the user can obtain earnings efficiently through gaming. In fact, P2E is not a new concept in the gaming world. 10 years ago, the “gold rush” in the game World of Warcraft was hotly reported. By now, blockchain technology has vested users the asset ownership and the freedom of asset transfer, which makes P2E gaming more feasible.
(4) This game features the specially designed “token dividend” rule, which is favored by players. Each user owning tokens can become a participant and manager of the platform. In the game ZERA. the player can pledge the game governance token ZRC to obtain $ ZRC earnings and rewards.
(5) The Z-BOX blind box opening probability rule and the “coining for reward” model make the game more satisfactory and immersive to the player and make the in-game competition more intriguing. The players of the game ZERA can buy Z-BOX blind boxes of cards at the desired sessions, to gain an NFT game card character at certain probability. The player can randomly draw the NFT card characters from the five factions in the game, and obtain the NFT cards that can be placed in the corresponding card slots for training. The player can collect the ZRC tokens as credits.
(6) The game ZERA contains an NFT trading market where the NFT cards can be traded, the contracts are open and transparent and the data are accessible for query. In the trading market, the ZERA players can trade NFT cards and other assets in various ways, including fixed price trade, English auction, Dutch auction and trade for token. ZERA is designed to contain the NFT trading market, which is a preparation for more future application scenarios such as PVP/PVE battle and DAO governance.
(7) ZERA operates in the single-token model and establish the sustainable token economy. For a genuinely entertaining game, one type of token will suffice. The single-token model has many advantages, with two advantages being more obvious: first, it minimizes the chaos and dilution of the intrinsic utility of game; second, it helps gather the market needs. As can be seen, the developers of Z-ERA platform paid high attention to innovating the game design and gameplay (new characters, skins for the five factions in the game, various entertaining gameplay features and multiple forms of earnings), so as to maintain higher degree of participation of the players.
(8) No game has unlimited life cycle. Only through change and innovation, can the game maintain its vitality. The developers of Z-ERA platform adequately understand this truth and take into account the life cycle of the game. Z-ERA DAO will function as the management and Board of Directors after launch of ZERA, the first game of the platform. Including the “socializing element” into the game in advance is another proposal from the Z-ERA DAO organization and the nodes. Attracting and including players into the node communities is not only meant to increase the business performance of the game, but also to make the players more “loyal” to the game through the communities (similar to the communities in Counter Strike and League of Heroes) and thus prolong the life cycle of the game.
Z-ERA’s priority is to develop and deploy the applications such as gaming and socializing by using the ZEBEC Protocol and Nautilus Chain network
Technological upgrading helps further improve gamefi experience and increase user loyalty and the willingness to pay, and is thus the main driving force for rapid growth of the global game market. Rise of the new technologies such as metaverse and AI have boosted further development of gamefi.
As the representative of the next-gen Web3.0 game platforms, this platform will make full efforts to deploy Zebec Protocol and its public chain.
First, the Zebec Protocol eco-system has the stream payment infrastructure /Layer3/Layer1 EVM.
In the collaboration between Zebec debit card and Visa, Zebec Pay is a Layer3 real-time stream payment protocol that is meant to support real-time continuous fund flow for various financial transactions (including payment, payroll and investment), and to support and provide various stablecoins for wage payment such as USDC.
Zebec Protocol is a Web3 payment protocol oriented for stream payment. In addition, the Zebec Protocol developed by the team came as a systematic solution that breaks the bottleneck of payment application. The long-expected real-time and seamless interfaced block financial payment system is now a reality. ZEBEC eco-system has been expanded to support the Binance Smart Chain of EVM. By now, Zebec Protocol V2 has been deployed on BNB Chain. This coincides with the fact that Z-ERA platform’s first Web3.0 game is deployed on the BNB Smart Chain first. As one of the world’s top-ranking chains, Binance Smart Chain has a massive system and receives strong support from the Binance Exchange. This gives greater space to promote the ZERA game eco-system and attract more game players. In the game ZERA, the player can add liquidity of the ZRC governance tokens at PancakeSwap, the decentralized trading platform of Binance Smart Chain, and hold LP token to gain various earnings and rewards. The high speed and low fee create a very friendly experience for the game players.
In the Z-ERA gaming application scenarios, the collector’s edition of NFT that corresponds to Zebec nodes will be customized and launched (estimated number is 1000 at least), so as to raise more fund for the Z-ERA eco-community. Z-ERA will participate in Zebec node and become a Zebec node service provider. Besides, Z-ERA will institute the DAO community fund to be more involved in Zebec eco-system development.
As a Web3.0 platform that has an international team and ample experience, Z-ERA is always committed to providing global users with safe, efficient and professional digital currency transaction services. Z-ERA and ZEBEC plan to engage in further collaboration in various fields. For example, ZEBEC will provide Z-ERA with more professional blockchain technical support, to help Z-ERA further improve the services in digital asset storage and transaction settlement. At the same time, Z-ERA will help ZEBEC further expand the blockchain application market from the aspects including gaming, socializing and community resources, so as to develop and serve global users and enhance the brand influence and competitiveness.
The first game of Z-ERA Web3.0 is designed to include the ZEBEC node delivery plan
As has been learned, in the scenarios designed in the game ZERA, some of the ZBC tokens can be used for payment and circulation. After the launch of ZERA in June, the rare NFT characters in ZERA will be delivered to Zebec nodes. Besides, Matrix Capital Foundation will deliver the ZERA game tokens batch by batch to all the nodes of Zebec.
ZERA Web3.0 game has been tested smoothly in the main network; The game has been launched splendidly on June 18
After playing a meticulously crafted blockchain game that offers more diverse gameplay and more immersive experience, the players enhance their taste, and they will impose higher requirements for gamefi. ZERA has made this leap-forward step and leads the market in terms of gameplay diversity. It is learned that the Z-ERA developers team will further improve the visual effects and entertainment effects of the game in the future, to let the players of the five factions in ZERA enjoy the genuinely immersive play-to-earn experience on the chain, push the gaming eco-system into a healthier development direction, expand the eco-system value of ZERA Web3.0, and thus realize win-win outcome for the players and game developers.
ZERA official Twitter: ZERA is scheduled to be launched at 16:00, June 18 (Saudi Arabia time)
Mark Twain said, “History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes.” During the technological progress in the modern age, thousands of would-be “world-changing” technologies never really became the “terminator of history”. All we can do is to look forward to the future and make slow progress. We must understand that a breakout innovation today will become past tense, and our pioneering achievement will one day be deemed as “old way” and discarded by the future generations. Stating this fact is not meant to rain on our parade, but to inspire more courage to move forward.
The innovation of ZERA Web3.0 game in the blockchain game world integrates blockchain technology, traditional game experience, NFT incentive mechanism, unique single-token distribution method, LP-Staking reward mechanism and social attributes, and also introduces the “play-to-earn” and “play-to-fun” models favored by the players. The new gaming model provides new innovative thinking and solutions for infinite possibilities of GameFi innovation and sustainable development of blockchain game. Therefore we hope ZERA will make greater achievements after its launch. We believe ZERA, the representative of Web3.0 gamefi, will be victorious.
ZERA Game DApp: https://v2game.zerameta.com
Contact: ROBYN WILLIAM CONLEY
City: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Email: [email protected]